Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Two Superhero Nephews

Awhile back I created capes for our nephews...
Now they have a selection of Superhero Masks 
and each a wallet with there very own Superhero ID card!


I didn't do anything fancy, just a basic fold wallet with a zipper for change/money and a pocket behind for their ID cards.  A hook on the side so they can attach them to their belts or backpacks etc.


For the ID cards I created a template in Photoshop and just created a basic superhero text for the top. Added their names, favorite colors, and their power.
I had to add to the back "Provided by the Superhero Authority" for laughs :)  


I used the templates found at Cutesy Crafts except that I decided to use t-shirt cotton instead of felt.  The boys live in California, and running around getting sweaty with felt against the face just seemed itchy to me.  I also added a lining of interfacing for stability and batting for thickness.  Felt would have indeed been easier to use considering the edges fraying with material...but I'm happy with the way they turned out.  


No comments:

Post a Comment