Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christmas Skirts

I found this fabric last year at a cute quilt shop.  
I love these shops! The ones that actually take the time to keep the hues flowing throughout the store, while tucking the pretty eye-catching sets in cabinet displays.
  
 (Moda fabrics)
They remind me of Norwegian Holiday sets, and Christmas at my Grandma's.  I thought about making another set of the dresses.  They are perfect for the contrasting of pretty fabrics, but not so much for this time of year.  At least not here in the Northwest!

 
So bringing in the brightness of the fabrics, I thought about little Cindy Lou Who on The Grinch Movie...and twirly skirts took form!    


Now just to make a red tutu petticoat layer underneath for the perfect full twirl!




 I added a little red heart to one side of the skirt hem, 
and made a puffy red heart pin for the pocket!  
A few little trinkets for added cuteness! 


I'll do up a tutorial with what I did as I create the next one & post here!  


Happy Skirt-Twirlling Nieces!



No comments:

Post a Comment