Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Shawl Pattern transformed into a Lap Blanket

I started with this group of yarn thinking I would be happy creating it into a small blanket out of squares. A step up from the granny squares, yet it still just didn't do it. So when looking thru the Autumn issue of Crochet! Magazine I knew I loved the motif pattern for the Fall Garden Shawl. So instead I made it into a lap blanket!




I took the pattern (on page 55 of the issue) for the Fall Garden Shawl and made it into this lap blanket.  I used Deborah Norville's Premier sock yarn in 2 shades (violas was one!) and mixed in a few motifs done up with a pink wool blend that I had tucked away.  It made the violet purples seem to pop so much more!

The pattern has you hook/join the motifs together as you go, working in rows of 5, 6, etc up until the last row of 11 motifs.  
To make mine into a lap blanket I took the motifs and joined just as instructed, yet created a blanket of 9 motifs x 11 motifs. 
Once it was all together, I finished it off with a simple edging of sc's around. (I did 7 sc's in each 5ch sp.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment