Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Another patchwork skirt!


Another patchwork skirt done!  
Our niece Allie went thru my fabric drawers last month 
and after "ohhhhing and ahhhhing" on several fabrics, 
she informed me that she wanted a "twirlly one with owls...
and birds...and girls...and...and...and...and".  
I think that I covered all the "ands" and then some!



 
These are so much fun to make and a great way to use up the 
bits & pieces held onto for something special! 
I love adding all the little trinkets that I've held on to also...
the special buttons, the hooked flowers & trims that I have made,
and the patches that I made out of favorite fabrics.  

Super easy to do.  Measure the waist and cut your fabric like you would for any draw-string waist band skirt.  There are SO many youtube videos to help you thru this if you haven't made them before and need some help to follow along.  I just make 2 buttonholes on my machine for the drawstring waistband (cutting a piece of elastic 1/3 the dimension of the waist measurement and sewing on two ties to the ends, weaving out the buttonholes).
Each row after the 'base waistband row' I add a bit more material and gather...before you know it, you are done! 


No comments:

Post a Comment