Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Mother's Day gift for my Momma


I found this pattern called 'Floral Medallions Tablecloth' in a book (I will search for the book title and post the details!) that was made up of rows of this flower medallion pattern, repeated across for a tablecloth.  I knew that I loved the floral piece in this mesh pattern, yet knew that I would get bored repeating it constantly for a tablecloth-size piece. 
So I decided to create it into a table runner for my Momma for Mother's Day, and that the cream mesh would be beautiful on their warm-wood dining table.
Off to creation I went!



Details:
1 row of the floral medallion pattern (using Rows 1-18 of the pattern). 
Then I created a middle section as I went:
Rows 19-21 I did rows of alternating open/closed mesh across the rows. (Checkerboard pattern) 
Rows 22-23 open mesh
Rows 24-30 I created an arrow pointing inwards from both sides (in towards the middle) with a 6 space open mesh between. 
Rows 31-32 open mesh
Rows 33-35 alternating open/closed mesh across the rows (checkerboard pattern)
Then I repeated the floral medallion pattern again.
For the edging I just did a basic sc around, with 3 sc in each corner for turning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment