Sunday, December 1, 2013

Girls Vests!


I love love love Cascade Yarns Pima Cotton, 
it is so unbelievably soft and yet light-weight.
I received this pretty soft lavendar yarn for my birthday and 
knew that I wanted to create something for our 3 nieces with it.  
I had recently finished the Hooded Weekend Sweatshirt and thought about using that basic netting pattern for vests.  
I have to say, that they turned out so cute! 


Details:
I followed the pattern creating the front and back, not finishing off but continuing into connecting the side I was on. SC into one side, SC into the other until I was up to the armpit area. Next I went around the armhole with sc, ch1, sc, ch3. Then the 6sc's in each ch3 space. I finished off there and reattached at the next side, using the same method. Then onto the neck and bottom row. Adding in a button and button loop on one vest, a pretty basic flower and pearl button on the other.




Our youngest niece wanted an owl on hers, so I used an owl button and on the other I did a basic flower with a pearl button.


One more niece...so back to the yarn I go! 

This one I created using Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash Quatro Wool in aqua.   I added a row of sc trim at the edge of the sleeves in Deborah Norville's Serentity Garden Yarn in hydrengea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment