Thursday, April 11, 2013

Today's Lunch

Today I thought I would give the cauliflower cheesy bread 
my own spin...
So I followed this recipe over at @ Mom, What's For Dinner? 
 (Check out her blog full of great GLUTEN-FREE recipes YAY!)
and then I just tweaked it a bit!

It even earned a "thumbs up" from Mr. Jonny 
who really enjoyed his lunch today! 


Tips: USE parchment paper!  Make sure to really "rice up" your cauliflower, getting all the liquid from steaming out!  

My changes: I omitted the garlic salt, using fresh garlic. And in the "bread" I only used 1/4 cup fresh parm, omitting the mozzarella. For the topping I used olive oil and fresh garlic (instead of butter).  I also used just 1/4 cup fresh parm on the top with a sprinkling of fresh feta, topped with sliced mushrooms, red onions, red pepper, fresh garlic, and fresh spinach.  SUPER YUMMY! 
Yes, this takes it from "cheesy bread" to something more like pizza...but it's YUMMY! especially for those of us who can't handle all that cheese!  

The only thing I would do differently next time is to put under the broiler for a minute to get it "crusty"! 



No comments:

Post a Comment