Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sometimes it's all about the colors...

Dinner is ready...a colorful mix of grilled veggies!




I love when I stumble upon wonderful blogs full 
of amazing hooked creations!  
I have seen this type of blanket done on a few other hooking sites, 
but love the colors that she chose here!  
(And now I know the Swedish term: vävvirkning)

 Here I go...


The changes that I did:  For the end of each row I did ch4 (instead of her ch5 and turn).  This makes it ch3 (for the dc) + ch1 (for the ch1 space)= the ch4 and turn.  
I also added 7 more rows (for a total of 61 rows, instead of the 54) and after starting the "next step"/weaving in of the stripes, I wish I had added even more rows.  It does tend to 'shrink' it up a tad, even with making sure my stitches are loose for this step.  
She does mention that wool works better, and I am using premium acrylic.  I love the softness & colors that I have found by Stylecraft, so I stuck to these and will just add more rows next time!  
I used a US G6/4.00 MM hook for the mesh netting of the blanket and a US H8/5.00 MM hook for the stripes step.  Colors of Cloud Blue, Aster, and Turquoise.  
For the weaving/stripes I decided to alter my pattern a bit as I did more rows so the count would be off a bit to use her pattern.  So I marked the center with a yellow bow and worked out from there. From the center out to one side (repeated for the following side): CB center row, 2 rows CB, 1 row Aqua, 1 row Aster, 4 rows CB, 1 row Aqua, 1 row Aster, 1 row CB, 2 rows SB, 1 row CB, 1 row Aqua, 1 row Aster, 1 row CB, 2 rows SB, 1 row CB, 1 row Aqua, 1 row Aster, 1 row CB, 2 rows SB, 1 row CB, 1 row Aqua, 1 row Aster, 1 row CB, 2 rows SB,
1 row CB, 1 row Aqua, I row Aster, 1 row CB, 1 row SB, 2 rows CB, 2 rows SB.
For the edging I did a row of sc around both sides.  For the top & bottom I did 2 sc's, ch1 around, pulling the ends of the rows out to knot where the ch 1 spaces are.  


Finished!!!  
I love how it turned out! 
I ended up using a sky blue shade to make the blue stripes pop even further! 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment